From discovery, through launch, to monthly maintenance, we ensure your website design offers the best experience for users and works for your business.
web design services
We merge technology with creativity. Our website designs not only complement your business goals, but are dynamic and thoughtful, giving your users a seamless experience from one platform to another.
Custom web development offers flexibility and reliability that is necessary for gaining and retaining users. Our development team ensures your website is intentionally built, optimized for all platforms and effectively designed for your company’s needs.
ux & UI
Our team maps out key user flows and explores user experience design solutions to make your users feel at ease and connected with your brand. When users view your site, they are ensured an interactive, guiding and responsive experience.
seo focused design
We construct customized SEO solutions to ensure your web presence is known and to build your brand to stand up against your competition. Through targeted copy and thoughtful website structure, we give you the tools to become an authority in your industry.
Mobile App development
Our apps work with all of the latest mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, tablets and Apple and Android wearables.
If you can dream it, we can build it in collaboration with our development partners. Digital transformation strategies vary depending on the size and scope of the organization, but there is at least one common goal: to make life easier by empowering the user.
Frequently asked questions about web design and development
Anyone can have a website, but it’s exceptional web design that helps your website stand out in a crowd.
At Freestyle, our industry experience and expertise become your advantage in creating a website that not only captures your target audience but converts them into customers.
In short, yes. To compete in today’s digital world, your business needs a website, no matter how big or small your operation is. An effective website serves not only as the face of your brand, but as a 24/7 storefront, business card, and customer service department as well. Even if your customers don’t purchase your products or services online, you can bet your website will be part of their decision.
Here are 7 reasons why your business needs a website:
- It’s open and ready for business, 24/7/365, even if you aren’t.
- It builds credibility. In an age where everything happens online, a business without a website raises red flags.
- It serves as a point of entry for potential customers. More than 90% of purchase decisions begin in an online search engine, and a website makes sure you stay top of mind.
- It gives you broad exposure for a fraction of the price. Websites are among the lowest cost per impression marketing vehicles, giving you more bang for your buck.
- It expands your market reach beyond your brick-and-mortar facility or local area.
- It increases everything from lead generation and sales to brand awareness and organic traffic, all of which help you realize a greater ROI on your marketing spend.
- It delivers a better customer experience by giving them another channel to interact with you and find out information about your brand without having to call or visit you in person.
Unlike traditional marketing methods, your website is squarely in the middle of a dynamic, ever-changing digital marketplace where it doesn’t take much time for the old to be out and the new to be in. However, it’s simply not realistic for most businesses to try to keep up with every changing trend. With a fresh, updated website, though, you can still compete without going broke.
So how do you know if it’s time for a refresh? Here are a few things to consider about your current site.
- Is it optimized for mobile? The majority of internet access today comes from mobile devices, so if your website is not mobile-responsive, you could be missing out on sales.
- Does it have a modern, contemporary, and/or sophisticated design, or does it look outdated?
- What is the user functionality? Can visitors to your site move easily around it, from gathering information to making a purchase?
- How is it performing online? A website that is loading slowly or not showing up in search engine results isn’t doing you any favors.
In some cases, an update may not be enough to improve your numbers, and you might need to start over with an entire site rebuild. This sounds scary, but it’s not. At Freestyle, we can evaluate your current site and help you determine exactly what needs changing to keep you on top. If it’s a rebuild, we’ll make sure everything is executed seamlessly and smoothly so your business doesn’t miss a beat.
A rebuild may be necessary if:
- Your business operations have outgrown the capabilities of your current site or platform
- You need a new CMS
- Your business will be undergoing a brand change
- The functionality of your current site does not meet the needs of your customers
- Your website has not been updated in any way in a year or longer
- You are receiving frequent complaints from customers or staff about your website
- Your site is experiencing high bounce or abandon rates
- The cost to refresh or maintain your current site exceeds the cost of a new site
- Your current site does not accurately or effectively represent your brand or business
The cost of a new website can vary widely, depending on factors such as:
- Complexity of the site
- Number of pages
- Type and level of post-launch service, i.e. CMS, updates, maintenance, security, SEO, marketing, social media management, paid social etc.
- Type and amount of copywriting, photography, or other graphics you want
- Expertise and skill level of your developer
- Level of design customization
- E-commerce requirements
- Type and level of bespoke functionality
When analyzing the cost of a new website, it’s important to remember that a website is an investment in the long-term performance of your business or brand; your ROI will depend on spending smartly. At Freestyle, we’ll help you make the most of your money so you get a website that fits your brand and your budget.
You can absolutely build a new website while keeping your current one active, and it’s actually preferred that you do it that way, so your business has no online downtime and your operations can continue. Depending on your unique needs and requirements, you’ll have options to redesign on a live site, redesign “behind the scenes,” or create an entirely new dev site.
At Freestyle, we can help you create a new website while keeping your current one functioning, then help you migrate them for a seamless user experience. We make sure we protect your essentials—including keyworded content, page URLs, plugin settings and content, and on-page SEO like heading tags, as well as content, file, and database backups—while improving your image for future success.
There are really no hard and fast rules as to how often you should redesign your website. The general rule of thumb has been once every two or three years, but in today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, it’s better to go on a case-by-case basis. Two or three years may be too long for your particular business or industry, or simple updates in functionality or plug-ins may allow you to go longer before a major redesign.
Your best bet is to let a professional web design company like Freestyle audit your site and make sure you and your business are getting the most out of it. We can also help you line out different courses of action, from updates or add-ons to complete rebuilds, so you can determine which makes the most sense for your money.
There are 6 main phases of website design and development.
- Discovery, to determine the project scope and your goals and purpose for the site, as well as what type of content you need and who your target audience is
- Planning, to create a sitemap, wireframe, and navigational system and decide which technologies to implement
- Design of visual elements, including the user experience and how we incorporate your unique branding elements
- Development, where we create the desktop and mobile versions of your site
- Testing, using manual browsing and automated site crawlers to identify compatibility issues, UX issues, and broken links
- Launch your new website